9. SEO – SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
SEO is a huge part of optimization of your website and encompasses many tactics to improve your site ranking.
At ZD Design we focus on the more evergreen techniques that will last a long time and won’t present problems for our clients in the future. Some of these techniques have been around for a long time, and others are newer. We shuffle them around to use them different ways.
The SEO techniques that still work and give effective results are:
- Meta Data – focus on the description and title of the page, and be sure they are keyword rich and unique. Put the keywords in the forefront of the description.
- Keyword Targeting – create a keyword library for your business. Even if it is short, it needs to be specific. Use the tools that are available to help you choose your library, and be sure it is clear what those keywords are.
- Great Content – Google looks for high quality and unique content.
- Analytics – referrals, time on pages, geographical metrics, which websites we are connected to, and a variety of other things that can be tracked.
- Get Listed, Best of Web, Zoominfo, InfoUSA, Localeze, Yelp, Axiom, Universal Business Listings, and more – Really important to be listed on specific directories and websites that aggregate to hundreds (even thousands) of other websites and directories. Title of our business, address, phone number, all pertinent info about your business needs to be the same across the board. Same info as how Google verified your business listing. If you are not listed and verified with Google, do so.
LET’S GET OPTIMIZING !