25 Great Ways to Start a Conversation on Twitter
Do you ever jump on Twitter and wonder what you can say to really get a conversation going? We decided to tweet a few of our favorite social media guru’s and ask what they think are some of the best conversation starters for Twitter. Here is what they had to say:
Christine Kirk, CEO of Social Muse says:
A thoughtful compliment always gets the ball rolling.
Pauline Grant from Tech for Granted says:
I do think taking the time to engage is the best practice. Asking questions help too!
Giovanni Gallucci from Live Loud Texas says:
Asking someone what their favorite conversation starter is on twitter or facebook. 😉
Best Selling Author and Speaker Gary Vaynerchuk
Searching what u like to talk about and then getting involved.
Kent Lewis, founder of Anvil Media and Formic Media says:
Asking simple questions, typically about industry or timely news, product development and UGC-related contests.
SEO & social media content writer Meg Hartley says:
Integrate Google+ and Pinterest into the routine
And Just for fun we asked Matt Siltala, founder of Dream Systems Media “What are some of the weirdest conversation starters you’ve seen on Twitter?” That got us this great answer:
I would say any “weird” that comes to mind is when @ChrisHooley starts a conversation about poop and such.
Here are a few more ways to get a conversation going on Twitter!
8. Tell us the website you can’t stop visiting.
9. What conferences are you looking forward to?
10. What’s your #1 Social Media goal for this year?
11. Do you have a blog? Please share the URL with us!
12. Are you on Pinterest? If so share your URL so we can follow you.
13. Are you on Linkedin? If so share your URL so we can follow you.
14. Who do you love to follow on Twitter?
15. What book should everyone read?
16. What is the best movie you’ve seen this week?
17. What offers do you want to see from us?
18. Whose advice do you trust on Twiter?
19. What is the best happy hour in your town?
20. What’s your dream vacation?
21. What’s your dream job?
22. How much time do you spend on Twitter each day?
23. What time of day are you most likely on Twitter?
24. What is the funniest post you’ve seen on Twitter?
25. Who shares the weirdest posts on Twitter?
If you like these, help us by sharing. Like it and Tweet it below!
And if you really love it? Sign up for our newsletter and you’ll get more great content and online marketing tips!